Jmol Export to Web application
"Export to Web" (a.k.a. Jmol Web Page Maker) is a module included in the Jmol Application. Its purpose is to offer a user-friendly, basic, easy to learn way of producing simple webpages that include Jmol Applets with molecular views that the user has prepared but still retain full-featured Jmol interactivity.
Former Jmol versions
Newer Jmol versions
Due to changes in the distribution file scheme in Jmol v. 13.2 and later (associated to the evolution towards Jmol-JSO and JSmol), you need to do some extra preparation before E2W will work successfully.
- Create a folder where you will work with E2W.
- Download the distribution file, Jmol-13.x.x-binary.zip and extract its contents: a jmol-13.x.x folder will be created by default.
- Unzip the jsmol.zip; it will create a jsmol folder with a java folder inside (among others).
- Get a copy of Jmol.js either from a fairly recent, pre-13.2, Jmol download or directly from the Jmol repository. Save it to your working folder.
- Go to your working folder, launch Jmol.jar and then you can load models and open the Export to Web module.