Default colors used by Jmol
Several users have asked about a guide to colors used by Jmol by default.
This documentation is now available on Jmol website here. Suggestions are welcome for future improvements, via jmol-users mailing list.
The plan is:
- colors for atoms (by element) --done
- colors for chains --done
- colors for groups / residues --done
- alternative color patterns: Jmol, Rasmol, DRuMS --partly done
- anything else?
Support for isotopes
Common isotopes are recognized by Jmol and colored slightly lighter or darker than the element color:
- 2H = D = deuterium = [xFFFFC0]
- 3H = T = tritium = [xFFFFA0]
- 11C = [xD8D8D8] (added on 29 Nov. 2007)
- 13C = [x505050]
- 14C = [x404040]
- 15N = [x105050]