Difference between revisions of "Support/Linux"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Jmol + JSmol Documentation
(Initialization from JmolWiki)
(added documentation sections template)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
=== Linux ===
=== Linux ===
Revision as of 16:18, 6 June 2007
- Description of files in Jmol+JSmol distribution
- File formats read or written by Jmol
- The Jmol scripting interface
- Scripting as a programming language
- Complete reference of scripting commands:
- Loading models directly from databases
- Mouse manual
- Default colors used by Jmol
- Atom sets predefined in Jmol
- Support for bond orders · isotopes · stereochemistry · hydrogen bonds
- Jmol as editor
- Multi-touch support
- Copying and pasting state scripts between applets.
- Backward compatibility (changes of behavior across versions)
- Features added since version 10
- Users mailing list (and a mirror)
Jmol runs without problems on Linux machines using Sun's java virtual machines, both as Applet as well as Application. Running the application has not been tried with other virtual machines or compilers, like Kaffe.
Binary Jmol Packages
Binary package are available for Debian, see Debian.
- What I would very much like to see, is a KDE GUI for Jmol. That is, a GUI that is completely independant of Swing and thus runs with free virtual machines, e.g. Kaffe. -- Egon Willighagen