- 1 Jmol Events
- 1.1 Postgraduate course: In vitro and in silico analysis of DNA and proteins
- 1.2 Course on Proteopedia, University of AlcalÃ¡ (Spain) 2014
- 1.3 SMARTER 4 conference in Durham, UK, Sept. 2014
- 1.4 23rd Congress of the International Union of Crystallography, Montreal, Aug. 2014
- 1.5 University of AlcalÃ¡ (Spain) 2014
- 1.6 Chirality 2011
- 1.7 Multimedia and Visualization Innovations forÂ ScienceÂ
- 1.8 BCCE 2010
- Please feel free to add here news and links about events involving the use or development of Jmol: courses, meetings, etc. Date order, latest events first.
Postgraduate course: In vitro and in silico analysis of DNA and proteins
(in Spanish) Universidad Nacional de La Pampa (Argentina) - 1-11 December 2015
This course will deal with different topics on Molecular Biology with a strong focus on Molecular Visualization, using Jmol and JSmol.
Instructor: Angel HerrÃ¡ez
Course on Proteopedia, University of AlcalÃ¡ (Spain) 2014
2-day theoretical and practical course on Proteopedia as a tool for display and analysis of protein structure and function.
University of AlcalÃ¡, 2-3 October 2014
With emphasis on teaching applications and the recent update to Java-free Proteopedia thanks to implementation of JSmol.
SMARTER 4 conference in Durham, UK, Sept. 2014
Conference website: http://www.ccpnc.ac.uk/smarter4
Bob Hanson gave a presentation on Why visualise? Not Just a Pretty Picture (Powerpoint PPTX file)
23rd Congress of the International Union of Crystallography, Montreal, Aug. 2014
Conference website: http://www.iucr2014.org
Bob Hanson gave a presentation on New Methods for the Visualization of Incommensurately (and Commensurately) Modulated Structures (Powerpoint PPTX file)
University of AlcalÃ¡ (Spain) 2014
- Molecular visualization in the age of international connectivity: Easy-to-use connection between chemical structure and spectra for teachers and students.
- Wed. 21 May 2014, 11:30 h.
- Innovative molecular visualization in biochemistry and pharmacology: Using surfaces to depict contacts and interactions.
- Thu. 22 May 2014, 11:30 h.
23rd International Symposium on Chiral Discrimination (Website)
July 10-13, 2011 in the University of Liverpool, UK.
Session 10 - Teaching and Presenting Chirality will host two invited lectures:
- ChemTube3D: Web-Based Interactive 3D Simulations of Stereo- and Enantioselective Organic Reaction Mechanisms. Nick Greeves & Neil Berry. (Wednesday 13 July, 2 pm).
- Teaching Chirality with Jmol. Angel HerrÃ¡ez. (Wednesday 13 July, 2:30 pm).
Multimedia and Visualization Innovations forÂ ScienceÂ
A one-day workshop, within ICSTI's 2011 Winter Meeting, hosted by Microsoft.
February 8, 2011 in Redmond, WA, USA.
Bob Hanson presented the talk:
21st Biennial Conference on Chemical Education
August 1-5, 2010 at the University of North Texas in Denton, TX, USA.
- An Introduction to Jmol (1st run, Sunday 1 Aug. 2010 from 2 to 5 pm). Intended for people who are unfamiliar with or relatively new to using Jmol for molecular visualization.
- An Introduction to Jmol (2nd run, Wednesday 4 Aug. 2010 from 2 to 5 pm).
- Advanced Jmol Techniques (Monday 2 Aug. 2010 from 9 am to 12 noon). Intended for experienced Jmol web site developers, to exchange ideas and work on a project.