Videos showing Jmol in action, on YouTube or other places.
Please contribute your videos or those you find!
Educational Videos on Protein Structure
These videos feature biochemical structures rendered in JSmol
- Ramachandran Principle: Protein Atomic Clashes vs. Phi & Psi. 9 min. 38K Views in January, 2021.
- Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) with Quiz. 25 min.
- Antibody Structure vs. Function: Immunoglobulin Domains; Heavy & Light Chains; Fab, Fc, CDRs, Epitope, Paratope; Glycosylation. 25 min.
A special version of Jmol running in Android
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og-lXFnDU-w basic functionality: display, rotate the model with your finger.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPwvCmD5IDg accelerometer support: shake the tablet to start the model spinning; reorient the model depending on the position of the tablet.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7uOkhoJ0Oc gyroscope support: moving the tablet either changes the model orientation or sets it spinning.
For public displays, Jmol may run in kiosk mode. Here, passers-by can move the model being projected on a screen or the wall, just by waving their hands.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCRrRZe1j6g passing by (equivalent to swipe on a tablet) puts the model to spin
Pockets And Cavities Using Pseudoatoms in Proteins (PACUPP)
PACUPP is an application written entirely in Jmol command language.