Distributions Including Jmol
This page collects operating systems and software suites that include Jmol.
There is another page devoted to (Java) applications where Jmol is a part of the application, at code level.
- JmolEdu is a Windows installer (in French) with a (very small for the moment) collection of molecules files. The aim of this work is to help young students to install and use Jmol.
- SageMath is an open source alternative to Mathematica, Maple, MatLab, etc. that uses Jmol for 3-D plot visualizations.
- Mandriva One 2010 Spring is a Linux distribution in the from of a live CD that can also be installed. It includes Jmol.
- Prolinux is a Linux distribution released in Brazil by Flux Softwares. It includes the Jmol application.
- Demonstration (video in YouTube)
- VigyaanCD is a live bootable Linux CD containing ready to use modeling software for bioinformatics, computational biology and computational chemistry. A special edition for GAMESS-US includes Jmol.
- Xplora Knoppix is a live bootable DVD  full of material for science education. Release 2.0 (2007) includes Jmol 10.2 application, as well as several webpages that use Jmol applet. The Xplora project is run by European Schoolnet, a network of Ministries of Education across Europe.
1. Knoppix is a live distribution of Linux, based on Debian GNU/Linux. The term live distribution means that the operating system --Linux-- is running from the DVD instead of being installed on the hard disk of the computer. The advantages of the concept are, that you get a preconfigured self booting DVD with a lot of software installed and ready to run without configuration.