Default colors used by Jmol
Several users have asked about a guide to colors used by Jmol by default.
This documentation is now available on Jmol website here. Suggestions are welcome for future improvements, via jmol-users mailing list.
The plan is:
- colors for atoms (by element) --done
- colors for chains --done
- colors for groups / residues --done
- alternative color patterns: Jmol, Rasmol, DRuMS --partly done
- anything else?
Support for isotopes
Common isotopes are recognized by Jmol and colored slightly lighter or darker than the element color:
- .........(color code)......(script syntax)
- 2H => [xFFFFC0] => _2H, D, deuterium
- 3H => [xFFFFA0] => _3H, T, tritium
- 11C => [xD8D8D8] => _11C (added on 29 Nov. 2007)
- 13C => [x505050] => _13C
- 14C => [x404040] => _14C
- 15N => [x105050] => _15N